Thursday, January 7, 2010

Count your blessings, and take some time out for the Lord


Hey guys!

As it says on my blog I am a Catholic girl that loves God. I first want to say that I am respectful of what everyone believes and I am in no way, shape, or form, trying to force my beliefs on anyone. I just like to share what I believe and express my gratitude for the blessings that I believe the Lord has given me.

Personally, I am a fan of organized prayer. I love just talking to the Lord, but I also like set prayers already written down somewhere.

Right now I am applying to colleges and I am getting ready to leave the nest. :( I have been trying to pray a Chaplet of Divine Mercy and the prayer to my patron Saint, St. Monica, everyday. I really want to tell you guys about the Chaplet of Divine Mercy because I believe that it is really beautiful.

My Great Aunt, whom I adore, told me about the Chaplet about two years ago and gave me a beautiful pair of wooden rosary beads of hers to use when I pray it. I only use these beads for the Chaplet because I feel that there is a special connection between the beads and the prayer. The prayer consist of five "decades" and on each bead before each decade you pray:
"Eternal Father, I offer you, the body and the blood. Soul, and divinity, of your dearly beloved son, our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins, and those of the whole world." One each of the other beads in the decade you pray "For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us, and on the whole world."

The prayer is very beautiful and I wanted to share it with you. There is also a CD that has people singing it and I will ask my Aunt where she got it and let you all know. Also, the prayer comes on Catholic television on digital cable.

God Bless!

Simonie : )

No comments:

Post a Comment