Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Arts and crafts time!

As pictured to the right I made a brush holder. I had been wanting to make this for a while now and I thought that I was going to have to spend some money that I should be saving and go buy all of these supplies. I can say that I was plesantly suprised when I realized that all of the materials that I needed were already in my house! My mother had a surgery a few weeks ago and she has gotten loads of flowers and so we had tons of vases. My dad had some container from who knows where with marbles in it and then I just found some ribbon that was lying around the house. The only materials that are needed to make this are a vase, shape does not matter, but it must be short, marbles or even tiny rock or stones will do, rice works also, ribbon, and all of your make-up brushes. I do not have many brushes because I am not a person who loves to get new brushes and likes to have duplicates of one brush. I just have a few eye shadow brushes, that is including crease brushes and highlighter brushes, my foundation and powder brushes, a concealer brush, a blush brush, and an angled eyeliner brush. For those people who have way more brushes than me one vase may not be enough. I have seen a few people do different variations of this brush holder and some people have two or even three of them. All that is done is marbles are put inside of a vase about half way to 3/4 of the way full and the brushes are stuck down into it. Depending on what is put in the vase will determine how well the brushes stand up and stay up. The ribbon is simply for decoration and serves no purpose however, I think that it is fun to pick out a ribbon and tie a pretty bow onto your vase! Before I made this all of my brushes were all over the place and this is great for organization purpose, not to mention it is super cute! I had fun making this and I would recommend this for a fun little project. Everyone should just remember to check around your house before going out and purchasing all of these materials because you will most likely have them already! Happy crafting!
Simonie : )

1 comment:

  1. I did the same project!!! I did one for my brushes and one for my lip liner pencils. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete