Sunday, February 1, 2009

Should I buy into the hype?


So I have just been getting into the whole idea of needing a primer for my eyes before I apply my eye shadow. I realized that my eye shadow was not even lasting half of the and all of the color would become gross and would crease. I went to the M.A.C. store and I asked them what I could use as a base for my eye shadow and they recommended a paint pot. After I purchased the paint pot I started to research more bases and I realized that they are in a way broken up into three groups. There are cream shadows, primers such as M.A.C. prep and prime and urban decay primer potion, and then there are bases such as paints and paint pots. At first I knew that the paint pot made a difference, but it also has color so it changes the color of my eye shadow. I do not want the color of my shadow to change I just want for it to stay on. I am afraid that I am going to get too caught up in the whole shadow base phenomenon and waste a lot of money on a bunch of different bases. What do you think? Do you think that a base really makes a difference?

Simonie : )

1 comment:

  1. Hey Monie! Guess who it is?! Yep ...your favorite person: Amber!

    So, I am loving your blog. It is very cute and you write very well (just like your mama!)

    RE: bases/paint pots, here's my thoughts: I SWEAR by UDPP but there are a few set backs (i.e. packaging sucks and you have to cut it open to get to the rest). I use UDPP everyday for every look. I also use MAC paintpots on top of UDPP (I have found that paint pots alone still crease). I have a bunch of paint pots in different colors, because a blue paint pot (e.g. Delft) will make your blues look bluer, a green paint pot (e.g. Moss scape) will make your greens look greener...you get the point. Anyway, I think there is definitely an argument for having a good base like UDPP as well a a few paint pots that you like. I know they are pricey, so you just have to buy them when you can. Cosmetic Company is a great place to get paint pots, since they usually have a few. Hope this helps. Can't wait to read more blogging from you!

    ReplyDelete