Sunday, February 1, 2009

HiP-high intensity pigments color truth cream eyeliner review



I have been watching tons of YouTube videos by tons of make-up lovers and gurus just for fun for a while now, (I look at a few different videos everyday, I am addicted) when I began realizing that a product everyone universally liked was this eye liner. In my earlier post I was talking about how I was on a quest to find the perfect shampoo, but I have been on the quest to find the perfect eyeliner for much longer. I want a liner that is long lasting and does not smudge. I had heard a lot of my friends saying that M.A.C. fluidline was very good so I went to check it out. However, after watching more videos and realizing that I really did not want to spend that much money on a product that I was not even sure if I would like, I made a trip to Long's Drugs. I was so shocked when I saw the sign saying HiP products buy one get one free. I believe that the eyeliner was $11.99, but then I got another one for free! I know that some may say it was not free because you still had to buy one, but I guess I am just a sucker for a buy one get one free sign. I was sooo happy that I found such a good value. I got one in brown and one in black, and I wish that I would have gotten it in a more exciting color rather than brown. I believe the colors that they have are brown, black, teal, midnight blue, and eggplant. I got this eyeliner a few weeks back so unfortunately the sale is over. : ( I apply the liner with my M.A.C. 266 brush which is just a angled brush and I usually use it on my top lash line, and use a black eye shadow on my bottom water line. I will admit that I do not use the liner on my bottom lash line or water line because the look was too harsh for me, and it seemed to smudge. Another downside is that the brush that the eyeliner comes with is extremely harsh, even after washing and it seemed to really irritate my eyelid. The brush seemed like it was cutting the outer corner of my eye, so if you do use this product I would recommend using a different brush. One other thing to keep in mind is that a little bit goes a very long way with this eyeliner. On a one to ten scale I would give this product a seven, but I am still looking for the perfect no smudge pencil. If anyone knows of one PLEASE let me know.

Simonie : )

1 comment:

  1. I recently got the MAC Penultimate eyeliner. It's great! I can see that we will have some serious makeup shopping to do in Nashville:)

    ReplyDelete