Sunday, February 15, 2009

Just what I've been waiting for...

So I had a four day weekend this weekend and I also got paid! I was not going to let this weekend pass by without having been to Sephora. After Mass this morning I asked my parents if we could stop by sephora so that I could pick up a couple of things and get a present for my friend for her birthday. I knew that there were two things that I needed and a few things that I wanted. I know, I know that the word NEED should not be used when talking about make-up because everything that I need the Lord has already provided for me, and I believe this with all of my heart, however, to a 16 year old girl make-up can sometimes seem like a necessity. : ). When I walked into Sephora I knew that I was looking for a mascara and the kajal eyeliner from Stila. I found a chart with about 20 mascaras on it and a key at the top telling you wahat each one could do. I was looking for a mascara that would be thickening, legthening, and seperating. Many did one or two of the three but I saw one that did all three. When I went into the store I was planning on purchasing Givenchy Phenomen' eyes mascara. When I looked at the chart it did not do all of the things that I needed it to do for me as a mascara, and it was also a little more than I wanted to spend. After talking to the extremely sweet woman who was working there I decided on the Bionic Mascara by smasbox. This mascara was $19.00 which was just the right price. I was so excited. One product down and one to go. I went to the Stila section and the woman who was over there told me that I would probably like the liner in smokey quartz. After she did a swatch on my hand I was sold. The eye liner was $18.00. I ended up buying those two products and with my beauty insider card I was eligible for a free gift. I got a creaseless cream shadow/liner by benefit which resembels painterly paint pot by M.A.C., which was going to be my next purchase, so I am very excited that I got that as a gift. I am going out tonight for a friend's birthday dinner so I will be using all three of these products. I can not wait to try them and do some review! My next purchase will be something by the Hello Kitty collection at M.A.C.
Simonie : )
p.s. I am sorry that I have not been blogging a lot lately, I have just been really busy with school, but I am back and I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment